Thursday, February 08, 2007

BOOKS

There is an author who I enjoy reading.
He got into some trouble over something
a year ago, but I still enjoy reading his books.

That author is Mitch Albom. You may have
read his books.
Tuesday's with Morrie, which they turn into
made for TV movie. And there is
5 People you met in Heaven, which also
was made into a t.v. movie.

He has done a couple others, but I
haven't read those.

Now I am reading "for one more day".
At first I didn't think I would like it. But
being I like his books, I thought I would
give it a try. It was half price at Costco.
Another reason why I like his books, is
because they are small. 196 pages,
this one is. I have read 106 today, in
between different chores.

This is an unusual one. It is about a guy
who tries his best to commit suicide. Has
a car accident, jumps off a water tower, and
etc. But as he is walking in his old home town
which he decided to go, so he could be home as
he committed suicide, he is met by his mother.
His mother who had passed away 5 years before.

The book is written in his person. And believe it
or not, (noting the subject), it is a good book. And
I can't wait to finish it.

As I was cleaning out my book shelf, I came
across some books I bought about 10 or more
years ago to read when I retired. I have kept 4.
Bette Davis, 2-Kay Hepburn, and Shelley
Winters. I am looking foreword to reading again.
I have gotten out of the habit and I use to love
to read.

No comments: