Monday, February 12, 2007

Did you get Yours?

Well, fellow bloggers, did you get yours?
Seems Microsoft was giving away laptops,
with their new Vista installed. As a blogger
you could use it for a while, then give it away
on your blog, send it back, or keep it.

Well, I didn't get mine. No notice at all.
I guess with a following of faithful 14 and
5 more that are in and out daily, I didn't
qualify for a freebie.

Which is just as well. They say you can't
teach an old dog new tricks. And while I am
sure there are a lot of over 55 out there who do
very well, with new gadgets, I am not one of them.

I have to have my grandson teach me how to
operate anything new. Some times my daughter
helps. Reading the directions, doesn't necessarily
mean success. And as he explains things, I write
it down in its simplest form. Like click on this,
this will come up, click on that, and etc.

I use to explain to people that in the school of
computers, most people are in high school or
higher. But I am in second grade. I was in
kindergarten forever. Made it to first grade, then
I went online. That threw me back to kindergarten.
Now I kind of hold my own in general.

I am like the guy who owns a car. When you
put in the key and turn it ... the cars starts.
You don't know why it starts but it does. And
when it doesn't ...you get frustrated as hell.

So it is a good thing Microsoft didn't entrust
me with the new and improved (?) laptop. I
would have had it jammed in 10 minutes or less.
And they know that, from all the errors that
I send to them when asked.

They aren't going to send me anything, until
they can get a machine that is foolproof. And
it will read like the Geico Insurance ad with the
cavemen.

"This machine is so easy to run that even
Wordtosser can run it."

No comments: