Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Servers, not for dinner

How many different servers does
one have in their internet life time?

So far I have had 5. And the last time
I divide up into two sites. My server's
site which is the personal email address.
And the other one, another email address.
That is for different sites I have to register
on, and for when I am away from home.

I have gone from dial up to fast speed
broadband. And thinking about going
back to dial up. Yes, it will be slow.

But over all...broadband isn't worth the
money. The difference is about $30 a
month. Now if I was in business
that would be fine. I would need the fast
speed and it could be deducted as a
business expense. But I am not in any
hurry, so don't need to have things fast.

But for me, to have pictures that download
faster, and the rare download of a program,
is it really worth $30 more a month? $360 a
year.....I have got to say no. Especially
this summer.

With my husband heading towards retirement,
we hope not to be around the house that much.
So I am seriously thinking of down sizing to dial
up. I am sure there will be times, I wish I kept it.
And I can reinstall it next fall, if it doesn't work
out, when we plan on being home all the time.

No comments: