Thursday, February 22, 2007

Safe Drugs??

We all have seen the television
magazine shows about the dangers
of buying drugs over internet.

There are teens who have used online
sites to get drugs that are prescription,
yet they don't have one. And the teens
have died.

We all have seen the dangers of buying
online due to the fact you might be dealing
with some one in India, Russia, or some other
foreign land.

What I was horrified to read in this past Sunday's
Parade magazine is that your drugs that you buy
at your local pharmacy are NOT SAFE. 96% of
the time they are. But there is the 4% of the time.

I was naive to think that the drugs that are sold
at your local pharmacy were bought directly from
the drug factory. Parade says that this is not true.
That they buy from a wholesale company. That
terrorifies me. Any thing can and has happen in
wholesale companies. Switches, cheap or non
drug pills/product. The article says if your drug
doesn't seem to be working to complain to your
doctor.

How you would know the difference when the
pharmacy can't, I don't know. How do you know
if you are having a heart attack and you put the
little pill under your tongue, is it real or not?
How many people are killed this way?

They say none. They say the people who do this
don't want murder on their hands, so they only
deal with the no pills. Yet people have ordered
pain pills that have killed.

No matter how you cut it, it is scary. Right now
I don't take any prescription pills, but the King does.
It scares me. And next time I am at the store, I
will be questioning my pharmacist, to see how he/she
can reassure me.

No comments: