Thursday, February 01, 2007

Emptying our the File Cabinet

I am a collector of everything. I don't
intend it. It just happens. I save receipts,
booklets, warranties, for everything we buy.
I put the serial number on those booklets.
The one time it paid off, was when my
daughter's house in Spokane was robbed.
I had the booklet and serial number of her
Dad's little TV. So the police found it and she
got it back.

But as I clean out the papers so I could
declutter the file, I came across the King's
kindergarten to third grade pictures. One
of his old report card from when he was 14.
(he better not let the grandson see that).

Some of it was heartbreaking. Proofs of old
hardships that we went thru, yet we are
thankful we made it thru them.

That was just one drawer...still have 3 more
to do. It took 4 hours to go thru one drawer
and 3 boxes of papers. I have one large
garbage bag full of to be burnt papers and
one large box of throw away papers.

I wanted to get thru 1/4 of this room today.
Hardly dented it. It is going to be a long haul.
This is our catch all room. Our "Some Day
Soon Room"....someday soon we will get rid
of the junk in this room and organize the good
stuff... I put that sign on the door 2 years ago.
It still catches all of our stuff... the good, the
bad and the ugly. Thanks to the cd of Debbie's
kids group... singing their hearts out... it was
made a lot easier to do.

"How can I keep from singing".....
thanks Ray/Bill and Debbie.

No comments: