Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 14th day of Love

Valentine's day...

The word that strikes terror in men's
heart, be they adults or a small boy
in school.

It use to be just between a man and
a woman... who were in love. But now,
it is getting to be like Christmas Cards.
For your mother, sister, daughter, the
woman in life, and any one else they
can think of it. So it has become another
commercial holiday. Buy Flowers, buy
candy, sexy clothes, dinner, singing
telegrams and etc.

To me, it is just my guy and myself.
God was good to me, to bless me with
this man. Makes every day Valentine's
day, day of love. This man gives me so
much. I get the deep inside love.

Now love is a easy word to say. Lot of
people say I love you. Which makes me
think of the old Spike Jones song..
"Be sure its true...before you say, I love you,
For it is a sin... to tell a lie.
Many of hearts have been broken.... just
because these words have been spoken".
So some take it lightly.My guy, the
King...I love him.

I trust him. Trust doesn't come easy
to those who are serious. Trust to
keep your word, trust to never hurt you
on purpose, trust to have your back, trust
no matter what... I trust my guy, the King.

Comfortable, but not taken for granted. I feel
comfortable to be me. No best behavior,
and airs.... but to be yourself. To let your
guard down. But never ever take for granted,
that they will always be there. Because life is
fleeting, and you just never know what is in
store..... I never take, my guy, the King, for granted.

Life is full of zigs and zags, and compromises.
And to be able to go thru life, knowing your guy,
is there for each turn, is a wonderful feeling. To
know that you aren't the only one who does the
compromising, is a good feeling. My guy, the King
zigs and zags with me.

I love the twinkle in his brown eyes, when he
is happy. I love the laughter... and he laughs
with me and not at me. And he doesn't yell
at me, when I have forgotten where I put some
thing important, he just starts helping me find it.

He treats me like a queen even when I can be
such a witch with a capital B.

The King has fixed dinner, big and small.
Breakfast every weekend,even washed
dishes when I was sick. And he hates,
dishes. He rather vacuum than wash dishes. He
brings me flowers because he see them and thinks
I might like them. He brings me flowers when he
knows I have had a bad day. He holds my hand
when we walk a lot of times.. and he puts his arm
around me, when we sit together at a gathering.

See, over 20 years ago, we found out that if we
stick together and face everything together, we
can get thru anything. And we have been thru
some rough times over those years. But we made
it, together. Yes, I am truly lucky and blessed to
have my Valentine, the King, my King.

2 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Two of the most deserving people in the world found one another. How sweet is that!

Jules said...

Awwww! I just love to hear of people who really stick it out with each other. It's just so uncommon these days, and that's sad. You two are lucky and special and role models.