Friday, March 21, 2008

And I was 28....

Were you born in 1950 ...1952????
then in 1968........where were you?

Were you smoking marijuana? or
harder drugs? Were you giving
free love? Were you part of the
protest of the 60's? Were you
shocked by the Kent incident?
Were you part of the don't trust
anyone over 30?

So you are what, 56-58 now?
Are you part of the new protest?
Or are you of the complacement, of
keeping life as it is.
Are you the one at the grocery store
checking out the carbs, and fat
content?
Are you checking the
veggie isle for USA veggies and
fruit?
Are you careful about what
you put in your mouth now?
Gave up smoking, and drinking because
it is bad for your health?
Are you watching your children
like a hawk. Are you teaching
your children absence?


Isn't it funny how time turn
you around? How, once out of
control you were as a teen, and
now you control your children as
your parents tried to do to you..

Guess it goes with, what comes
around, goes around...

But as a very wise teacher told
me in a class... life is a pendulum
it swing from the very left of ideas
to the very right of ideas...and when
it finally settles down in the middle
of them, does life get better.

Because from the downside of the
above during the 1960's with drugs,
free love and etc... to now where we
check everything... we do have a lot
of good that came out of that arena.

Women's rights, gay rights, and
civil rights.

More women are in higher places that
they never had in the 1960's without being
called names. The sky is the limit. Even the
possibility to be the President.

Gays are getting more rights and stepping
out to be considered human, and not freaks.

Blacks are lawyers, doctors, Presidents of
companies, and etc..and who knows maybe
even of the country.

We have come a long way, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have definitely come a long way baby. I don't mean you baby, oh heck, you know what I mean. I was born in 47', so that makes me 60. Do I watch what I eat, you bet. My children are grown and I spend my time at peace with everything, not many can say that I think. I spend my days making sticks and giving them away to perfect strangers, must be eccentric. I don't smoke any more, 15 years now and I don't drink anymore. I am a Vietnam Vet and it still affects me, daily. But I harbor no bitterness. Did I use drugs, you bet. No regrets though, it was part of the times. I came back from the war in 68' to San Francisco, so I got to see all the music greats, and I mean all. I went every weekend to the Fillmore for years. My ears are still ringing. I have traveled the world and been to every state, so I have seen my share. Now my life is quiet and I feel pretty happy about it. Thanks for asking. The Stickman