Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Pet Peeve...

What is with magazine's?
When you get a magazine it is
thick and stiff, kind of... and then
if you are like me, you remove the
excess and it is limp.

Why is there so many stiff cardboard
like cards and ads in those magazines.
I don't know which is words AARP,
or Yankee.

I counted 15 cards and half pages of
ads that I took out of one magazine.
Newsweek has a lot but not as much.

I use to get some other magazines,
and between the cardboard like ads,
and the sniff ads it was quite overwhelming.

And many are for subscriptions to the
magazine I am holding in my hand.
Now does that make sense? Not to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound exactly like me. Especially when I get my issue of Vanity Fair. I sit down for about 10 minutes and proceed to completely empty it of any and all stuff that makes it so big. It ends up about half the size, but more manageable for me to now sit and read it. Newsweek and Time have a few, but very little to annoy you. The perfume pages bother me the most, the smell stays with the magazine for days after I have torn them out. I hope you have been well and life is good. The Stickman

Idaho Dad said...

I also start pulling those things out as soon as I get a magazine in the mail. Can't stand to read one until every last one of them is gone. Smithsonian must pack ten or more into their issues!