Thursday, March 13, 2008

Singing the Blues....

I am a bad singer...No, seriously.. I
make Bassett hounds cry. I even
make Bassett hounds sound beautiful.

I sing in the shower.. why is it, it sounds
good in there? Must be the water.
But the rest of the time... I sing to myself
only. And always hope someone isn't coming
around the corner.

Even in church, I mouth the words. You know
like Bill Cosby said on his record. That you
mouth the words and then add the AMEN,
at the end? Well, that is me..

I even tried it once with my ...at the time... 5
year old grandson... his advice? Nana, don't
give up your day job. Wonder where he heard
that?

So there I am in my own little world, with ear
phones on, by myself, on the treadmill. And
I am playing Bridge over Trouble Waters..by
Simon and Garfunkel.... and who should peek
around the corner... yep, the King.

He said he wanted to know what the moaning
sound was... I shot him, my kill eyes sight,
and he disappeared around the corner.

Guess I better close the door next time. I
didn't think I was loud at all, I thought it was
a low almost silent hum.

No comments: