Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Birthdays

One of the side effects of birthdays
that I am not fond of, is the thought of
mortality.

I do fine with each year, although next
year I might have a problem with...
I don't deny my age, but I don't think of
it for the most part. If someone ask, yes,
I say I am 69 (now) with pride that I have
lasted that long, besides for the most
part, age is just a number, as I still feel
like 48. Before it was 28. But I feel some
of the limitations, so 48 it is now.

But as one approaches their birthday and
they have gone over the age of 65, I find
you start to think of your mortality. I don't
dwell there, as it is depressing. But once
in a while it slips you up.

Case in point, I was talking to the King
about something the other day, and it
had to do with a particular many years of
a guarantee for a product. Which I said
off handed, well, that is ok with me,
because it will last long enough for me.
After all I have 5 more years left and if
I am really lucky, it could be 10.

Just from the look of the King's face as,
I matter of factly said that, it surprised me
as well... I can tell you, it not a nice feeling.

I am glad to say, I rarely think about it...

No comments: