Friday, April 17, 2009

New Tech

New Tech.

When I was a kid, there were records.
Big records. And then as a teen I had
small records..45's. Then came tapes.
And then cassettes, and cds and I-pods.

When I was a kid, we got a television
and it was black and white. I was 8.
Mom and Dad didn't get a color TV,
until I had moved out by quite a few
years. Then comes along HD, and
Flat screens. Some almost as big
as movie screens. Some of them so
tiny they sit in your hand.

When I was a kid, we had a camera.
And then as a teen I had a small
camera called a Brownie. And later,
came the Polaroid, with instant pictures.
And then there were digital camera's.
And IPod cameras.

When I was a kid, we had a movie camera.
16mm. And along came the 8mm when I
had kids. And then there was the VCR, and
the camera that you could take pictures and
put it in the VCR and see them instantly.
Now there are digital cameras that take
pictures and puts it on the tiny disk.

When I was a kid, I went to the theater to
see a movie. (Saturday morning serial movies
for kids) And then along came movies you could
buy. First on tapes, and now on DVD's. And even
that has changed. As there is something called
Blue Ray.

When I was a kid, we had a large heavy
telephone. That was attached to the wall.
And then there were smaller lighter phones.
Then came a book like phone. and now
cell phones, that not only take your calls,
but can take pictures, and typing text to
other to read, all instantly.

When I was a kid in school we used pencils
and pens to write on paper. Then in high school
we got to use typewriters. Then came electric
typewriters. And down the road came computers.
Starting out huge, and now they are small enough
to carry around. And even small enough to hold in
your hand. Talking to people instantly.

So many things are speeding up our lives....all this
technology, getting to be as fast as light.Some of it
is old and outdated within months of buying the news
and the fastest. Some times
I think it is leaving us humans behind.

2 comments:

Betty said...

It's all very confusing to a technophobe like me. I thought I was really "with it" when I learned to use a computer. I think I'll stop there. No "twitting" for this old dog. lol

MarmiteToasty said...

I dont always keep way up with technology cos I dont lob anything out until its broken lol.... Im desperate for a new camera, as mine is 3 years old now and way crap compared with what me lads have, but I just cant warrent getting a new one when this one still works......

and I keep telling myself that my little cottage is way to small to have one of them new fangled huge flat screen tellies :)....

x