Saturday, December 11, 2010

Winter Scenes on a dreary day....

On this Saturday morning, the King asked what do you want to do today... and I thought
for a moment, and said... how would you like to go for a photo shot... yea, like
I am a great photographer...lol... but he said where... I said the city beach/park.

These pictures came out like I had in my mind... you don't have to have full
colors to have a great picture as we know... there are a lot of black and white's
that we see, that would not be quite so, if in color... and the same can be said
for not the best of days...

So here you got, some great pictures I think, of the dreary day... hope you
enjoy them.


Here we have some picnic benches/tables being stored until nicer weather
Trees standing tall...



above a few trees that are naked for the winter, waiting to be clothed in leaves again..

with their fellow fir trees in their green...



One of the trains heading out of town, heading down south of Sandpoint


The empty dock laying in wait of a busy summer...

The city gazebo sitting empty in the winter day...





No swimmer until January 1st.... so no guards needed....



Even our Liberty Lady standing over our beach thru snow and rainy,

as well as sunny days.




This has always been MY BENCH.... it is where I come to find a relaxing time, times

of thoughts, and even a place I shared with my grandson, when we have had some

serious discussions over the years... He has promised to bring me here in my wheel

chair in my old age for one last look before I die...






As you can see, someone else claimed this bench... this little piece of honor has claimed

MY BENCH.... I wonder... would they let me put my name near his?



From behind OUR bench you can see..... from left to right, the view.....in the next 5

pictures...













the Monarch's









This is looking over by zoom lens... to the left view of the bench...Hope



Here comes a train ....coming in to Sandpoint from the South.... a long one...



Some of the birds were hitching a ride on a piece of ice...




Walkers on the path.... one walking and the other stopping to look thru his zoom lens....





A few duck sticking it out in the cold water...






Some drift wood on the beach...







Look who beat me back to the car.... with the heater on....

No dogs on this beach...but some one was sitting in the King's jacket for the ride..






1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

Your snowy weather seems to always look colder then our snowy weather days lol

the King and Misty had it right, stay in the dam car :)

x