Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How many servers have you had?

How many times have you changed servers over the years? I have
been on the computer since 1993 or 4… and I have had 8 or 9. All
dial up except for a short 8 months I could afford fast speed with my
cable company. Then we downsized when the King retired, to dial up
again… I did find one that may be affordable, BUT when I did the research
for it, the complains were a few and the main one was that the company
said they have 5.? as normal use and all those said it is more like 9.? And
a few of them had bills of over $100. So decided not to go with the phone
company. I wondered why they had a limit as most have unlimited use.

So here I sit with dial up, and get frustrated with it… I have even toyed
with the idea of getting a Verizon (for lack of a better word) tooth that I
can use wireless thru..but it would get pretty spendy. I thought about it
because they I could even read emails while on the road with the King
driving, and anywhere I wanted to go..but again the expense.

Thought about giving up my home phone and get one but …. My home
phone number is one I have had for over 30 years. And it is like giving
up the imbilicial cord.

So how many years have you been on line and how many different
servers have you had?

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

I've only had one other...a dial up. This Cox Communications' slowest at $24.95 a month. They have two others...more pricey.