Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lost in the 50's...2011 parade

Everyone loves a woody... no matter how old...


This year... even Wilma brought her car....

This one was a hard to get in its real style, as it went sideways, as well as front ways...











The 1940's were a fine year for cars... followed by the 50's.. but I am sure there will be those who disagree...





Then there are the 30's lower roof style...










My girlfriend, who became my sister in law...had a Plymouth just like this.. same color..








1940's Crosley... I was 4 when my dad put me behind the wheel in a field in a yellow convertible Crosly just like this... he had the wheel tied so it only went in circles... but I thought I had the world by the tail.




Rods are always crowd pleasers......










Then there are the pickups that we all love too....



We have one of these... I would love to tell you it looks just like this...but I can't...

for 9 years now.. the frame is outside the garage.. the cab is wrapped inside the garage,

and fenders are on one side, the box is upstairs in the eve of the garage... motor is hanging

from the beam... and SOMEDAY... SOMEDAY... well, I have waited 9 years so far... lol




we didn't go downtown for the Saturady view as the guys had fishing on their minds and us gals, had yard sales on ours...


No comments: