Monday, May 09, 2011

Throwing away your stuff...

Don’t be afraid to throw your things away…

Yea, right… but I did do pretty well, considering.
this past week, have been emptying the totes that
I packed up 3 weeks ago, to empty my living room, so
the carpet layers would be able to just walk in and start
laying mats and carpet. 14 flaming totes, plus furniture.
where does all this stuff come from?

So back it goes, BUT, downsized as we got rid of two end
tables, which meant we had to figure out what to do with all
the stuff we had crammed in there. Like games, cards, albums
and God only knows what else… Gone is a chair, bench, lamps.

We gave away furniture, between the neighbor and Goodwill.
We threw a garbage bag in a box full, out, and we boxed up some
keeps to be stored as we werent ready to get rid of it yet. Maybe
next time around.

Throwing away, is not easy for me… I always envision weeks,
months, and even years later having a need for things, so I hate
to throw it away. But I was brave and threw things away. If it was
of use to others, it went in the Goodwill box. Other wise it was
in the garbage box… I was amazed at how much I got rid of..

Now I am trying my best not to bring in new stuff… as after all,
it is all just stuff…lol… but what I have left pleases me…

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I know what you mean. I got rid of a lot of stuff this past year.

Lil ol' me... said...

Hiya Cis...glad you and your blog is alive and well. I'm getting rid of a LOT of records I no longer want. I'm putting them on CD, so I'll still have the music. But I have this thot within me that goes something like, "I'd better get rid of this stuff; soon I'll be too old to drag it everywhere with me".

Word Tosser said...

Bina Simmon..... I still have way to much stuff.. and I have downsize twice since this post.