Thursday, March 20, 2014

PHONE BOOKS... fading out???


As you can see I have 5 phone books.. and they are
getting to be worthless.

Two of these, well, actually 3 are not for my area.. directly
that is.. Coeur d' Alene  is really what they are for.
None of these I asked for.. they are either thrown in
my ditch/driveway in the attempt to get them to me..
or come in the mail. I think Frontier comes in the mail.

Trouble is.. one would think that Frontier would be the main
one.  But with so many people who are going Verizon wireless
because we got so fed up with Frontier, with their rising
rates and semi poor service, that our number is no longer
in the phone book.  So it is only Frontier numbers in there.
That makes it one of the phone books you need.

The black book is an old one.. I don't know if the Hagadone
company stopped printing or stop delivering up here. As they
too are based in CdA.   The black book use to be large. about
a 12 x 14 inches in sizes... They had CdA and Bonner county
(our county) businesses in there..  But like I said.. I haven't
gotten one since 2012.

Then there is the one called LOCAL PAGES... which I don't
like because the print is so small it looks like a contract. And
they only have the business who subscribe to their book.

Then there is the Coeur d' Alene (CdA) two... one for everyone and
one is the yellow pages.  Being there are a lot of us who
do business in CdA... we get those too..  That is where 90%
of the big box stores are.

Yesterday, I was looking up my doctor's office number, and
I could not find it. It wasn't in the CdA ones, of course. And
not the black one either.. so left Frontier and Local Pages.
Well, they must not subscribe to the Local Pages and guess
they don't have Frontier either.  Finally found one of their old
business cards in my wallet (in case i get in an accident) so
I could call.

Now I figured a lot of people use their smart phone.. but I don't
even have a dumb cell phone.. so I was lost in the fading of

the phone books situation. 

No comments: