Thursday, March 13, 2014

Someone like me....

I was at Wal-mart yesterday, with a friend.
A friend who is so far surviving with cancer.
She has been fighting it out for over 7 years,
off and on..

I was walking thru the store with her,
running for some of the stuff that was across
the store from her..  She gets short of breathe
going around the store.. so I try to cut some of
it for her.  I don't mind and it gives us time to
talk and etc.

When she needs to go for a chemo and her
sisters can't make it.. I go with her.. and stay
so she has someone to talk to while she sits
with the drip going.. Some times talking to the
other cancer patients.

I always put her groceries up on the belt and
then take the bags from the gal, while she pays.
Yesterday, while we were waiting for the first gal
to get done.. I noticed next to us at the other
cashier, was a woman on one of those riding
carts, with a bunch of groceries.. (even tho it
was a 20 and under) and the cashier was
unloading the cart.  I tapped the cashier and
told her she could go ahead and cash it out,
and I would put the rest of the things up on
the counter for her.  She was glad as there
were quite a few behind this woman with less
than 20. I got them all up on the counter and
slid them forward so cashier could get them.

And then went back to my friend and pick
her bags off the wheel and placed them in
the cart.  As I was walking out with her
she said.. "why did you do that? The cashier
was doing it." I told her that because the
line was getting longer, and thought I would
help. "Oh," she said.

When we got to her home, I brought all the
groceries in.. and placed them on her table.
Then put the cold stuff in the refrigerator
for her.. She wanted to put the rest away
herself, after she rested up.. so I left it.
I was biding her good by and she again
asked me.. "Why do you do that?" I told
her because it is helpful.. and some day,
I hope when I can't.. there will be some
one just like me.. who will do it for me.
"Oh".. she replied.. "Well, thank you for
doing for me."   And to me .. that is thanks

enough. 

No comments: