Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Wasted days, Wasted nights.....

That song has been coming thru my
mind off and on the last couple of days.

The weather person has been holding a
carrot in front of us.. with promises of
warmer air.. and spring is only 16 more
days away...

So here I can see my yard.. my garden..
the green was showing thru the dirt last
week.. and now there is a foot or more snow
on those beds. With 2 to 3 feet of snow drifted
across the back yard.

Yet there is hope on the horizon.. with once
again the weather person telling us.. rain
and mid to high 40's for the next 6 days.

So where the snow is as high as the deck,
it will be a swamp by the weekend.

I know it is too soon.. for planting.. even
with the stores putting out what I call
sucker plants.. Sucker is the person
who buys them. Because they are going
to die before you can get them in the
ground and you will have to buy more.
Unless you have a green house, of course.

So for the past 4 days it has been tea and me..
with a book in hand.. and blanket wrapped
around my legs as I look out the window
and see the blowing wind, blowing snow
sideways.

But there is hope.. like I said 16 more days.
and it is SPRING..


No comments: