Thursday, February 12, 2015

Trying to keep the circle small.....

As I told you a year or more ago... I have
gave up on keeping a close eye on things
of the national or even international sort.
It started mostly in the election year...where
I got discussed with all the things going on.

Don't get me wrong, I watch the news with
cynic view and following the old saying of...
believe 1/4 of what you hear and 1/2 of what
you see.  And when it comes to the media..
well maybe 1/8..

Brian Williamson hasn't helped the situation.
Sad, as he seemed to be such a nice young
man. Why he chose to lie to make his story
be more important, I don't have a clue. But
here it is 10 + years later it comes to bit him
in the butt.  making one even more cynical
than before.

But of late, it is even harder to read the news
or watch the news.  The horror of the so called
adults, torturing children.. throwing them off
bridges, burning them.. drowning them.. starving
them and keeping them in closets for months
to year..  I have wrote before...CHILDREN ARE
NOT DISPOSABLE..  God entrust us with these
sweet innocent children.. If I had my way,
people would have to go thru parenting class
before they would be allowed to have a child.
I know, I know, there are some wonderful
parents out there.. I have them in my own
family, who I watch with amazement and pride.

I never have been able to watch a show about
abused children..  I was slightly abused as a
child. A woman who never been around children,
who had no clue how to deal with them.. and
only knew discipline side of things.  I say
slightly because it is nothing compared to what
you read in the media... And at the time I was
going thru it...I didn't think much about it, as I
thought all parents were like that.  My father
was a loving man, and my salvation.  And later
I thanked my mother for raising me as she did.
Because without it, I wouldn't have made it thru
what life threw at me.. I was already strong, and
stood up for myself. For that I thanked her for.
She didn't quite understand.

As I close the circle closer...meaning letting go
of the world problems.. as I can't do anything
about them... letting go of the national problems
as I can't do anything about that either. I vote..
Every time.. but even that only goes so far.
Votes are bought on the national level.
Letting go somewhat on the state level.. as
other than voting there isn't much I can do there.

I stand up for what I can do.. that I have a possibility
of changing.    Like they say, "if you don't stand for
something, you'll fall for anything"..
But most of all I have closed the circle around those
who I love..  be they family or friends... with my
motto... do no harm...

But it saddens me that others don't feel the same
for their love ones.. how can they destroy those
around them.  It is one thing to walk away.. but
why have the need to destroy..  especially a child.

I had an ex who said I saw the world thru roses
colored glasses.. guess I still do.. or maybe want
to. wishing other would.. And the older I get, the

closer the circle, has gotten. 

No comments: