Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Hunting Widow? Not me…


Hunting Widow?  Not me…

Oh, the King goes hunting alright, as you heard last week.. but I don’t count it as a widow… as the gals in the grocery line were talking about..

One of the gals with two children in tow…was complaining that her husband has been hunting every year since they moved up here 5 years ago.. What kind of marriage is that.. where your husband takes off for a week every year.. and then the weekends TOO!!  Her girlfriend told her.. well, what you have become is a HUNTERS WIDOW!!!!.  
                                                           
I shook my head, as I love it when my husband goes hunting.. He no longer goes to hunt camp anymore, and frankly that cuts into my time. Lol…  He comes home, so he can get in the hot tub for his aching bones and then his own bed.. BUT he is out on the road at 4am.. getting in place by sunlight.

What I have done is make myself busy with things I want to do..  usually projects..  After being gone a week when he did do hunt camp.. he never knew what project I was going to be doing. He could come home to walls different colors,  or the living room furniture moved around.  Or one of the other rooms switched around.  Sometimes there were outside projects.  Or I might clean out the garage fully.. tossing things, putting some it in his big garage so I had more room in my garage. 

Also it gave me more time to have lunch or breakfast with one of my friends..  There is always something to do.  I made rice stuffed cylinders for Christmas one year. (you know the ones that you put on the floor by the door, so the draft doesn’t come in.)  One year it was the funny women pillows..  Yep, there is always something I can do.  The great part is you don’t have to stop to take care of something that “he” might want to do, or have you do, or fix dinner and etc.  

Nope, don’t call me HUNTER WIDOW, ..to me it is PROJECT TIME!!

No comments: