Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Night out with the girls….

Night out with the girls….

I normally don’t go out after dark.. Just like being home after dark.  But I promised I would go to one of the ‘SIP AND PAINT’ gathering with my daughter, last year.. it was part of a birthday present this year.  Because that was what she wanted for her birthday in April…then she said it again for me.. for Mother’s day…   But life got in the way… 

So Friday night was the night.  And 4 more joined us.. her sister in law, her best friend and another good friend and  her future daughter in law/my granddaughter to be..  

You have to understand.  I don’t do well in painting. If you had seen the pictures I did a couple years ago in this blog.. you would know that I have the equal of a kindergardener.  Even looking at my project of last week.  My Monet type painting of the windmill.  

Our project was to paint a wine bottle.  We were to paint birch trees with chickadee’s  in it.   All of the girls did a fantastic job. They look beautiful.. The trees were fantastic..  and as for the birds.. well, most of them got it done great.  Some had two.. some had 3. And all of them got at least one of their chickadee perfect.  Mine…. Well, mine were more like a Toucan bird.  And the trees.. well,   theirs came out light beige with some darker browns and some light black and grey..   Mine as you can see.. came out grey… so I had a good story to go with it… when people looked at it….. I told them, mine was ‘Birch trees and chickadee’s after the summer fire.” …

 they have lights inside


We all had a great time.. LOTS of laughter… and I had a good time with all of them.

No comments: