Wednesday, October 03, 2018

It is hard to watch life.


It is hard to watch life.

It is hard to watch tv now… especially news
programs.  With so much hatred, so divided.
this Trump administration has divided the country
More than Obama’s administration.  I always thought
that the Republican’s had an edgy feeling to them.
That the Democrats has a kinder part to them. But
That was back in the day when it seem like the
politicians were more for Americans.. They wanted
the bottom line to be for the citizens. Even when they disagree, it was a disagreement of what they thought should be done for all the citizens.  Not any more.
It is definitely party against party.. and the citizens be damned.  And now it has flowed over to the citizens.
Seems no one can disagree without name calling.

I use to be able to step away from it all, by forgoing the news… especially the national news. I kept life to
my own family and friends.. talking about what is important to us all.. in life.. locally.  But it now is slopping over into family conversations.. to the point I step back… mostly just let the words be said and hope we can talk about something else.

One person once said.. if we just let it go by, to say nothing when someone speaks ill of others, with sometimes anger, and vile words… what does that say of us. As we keep these people for friends.  They were friends for years… but now we find the words hurtful..   So what does that say of us? By saying nothing, is that condoning it? I don’t know..

I just keep hoping the subject will change to our lives. Not just mine but my family, my friends.. Because the negativity is getting me down.

I want to say, I am sorry, I don’t want to talk about this today… my day is already filled to the top of angry words and name calling. My cup runnth over. Can we find something pleasant to talk about?  I guess what I really don’t like is that when all the conversation is going on… I find myself saying .. that is not true..where did you find that?  And don’t you remember when the other party use to do and say nasty things too?   I think I need a hobby..

No comments: