Monday, January 30, 2006

Morning Routine Interrupted

Most of us humans seem to be
creatures of habit. Especially in
the morning, when we wake.

My routine is fairly simple.
Get up, get a cup of coffee.
Then venture out to the
paper box and get the paper.
Sit and read and drink my
coffee, with a view out my
window near by.

This morning I ventured
out, in the soggy, rainy
darkness. Get to the paper
box, I put my arm down in
the box....NO PAPER.

Our person usually drops
off ours around 4:30am.
So now it is 2 hours late.
Do I call that person's
home? Do I wake their
family? What is the proper
time to call?

We have a fairly new person.
Last fall we were changed to
a person we never see. Never
hear from. (Old deliverer would
put a Christmas card in the paper
And a thank you note in January
when they got news of their
extra for the holidays.) Not this
one. Which is ok, about the
card. But thank you note
would have been nice. It
would also be nice if this
one would wrap the paper
when it rains. The old one
did. After all it is an hour
and half later before I go
out.

So there is my coffee which
doesn't taste as good with
out the paper. And I sit here
wondering did their new and
improved narrow paper get
stuck in the printer, like my
paper does in my printer?
Or did my person forget me?
Does he have a sub who forgot
me?

Guess I will go check again, and
then call.
Got to change my routine.

6 comments:

stebbijo said...

Thinks are tight here so had to discontinue for awhile. But - our paper (SR) NEVER made it to the door - sometimes out in the street. The competing paper (you know which one) ALWAYS on the doorstep. Makes the difference no matter how bad it is.

Mari Meehan said...

I know what you mean about that routine! Without my morning coffee I'm done before the day even begins. As for the new paper format? Eh.

Oh, yeah, My guys get the papers on the first morning walk - I don't roll out 'til at least one section of the paper has been read by my other!

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

We had a new delivery person for a few days. They just tossed the paper out in the snow, instead of putting it in the box. One time it was down in the ditch in the water, soaked (no plastic cover)....this was the Daily Bee...I keep saying we are going to quite, but gosh, I would so miss the obituary section......hey, you gotta keep up somehow!!

See you Wednesday!!

Word Tosser said...

Got to their online site and get the Obits. I do... cheaper...

Word Tosser said...

Sounds like the Sandpoint Daily Bee... We have to read the SR to get the real facts...

JBelle said...

I'm going to go make coffee now and that damn paper better be down there...