Monday, April 17, 2006

Friendships

There is one of the local
bloggers who pose the
question about friendship.
I gave many ways
to know if one is a friend.

One of those is if you know
a person for millions of years.
Don't see them for 10 years,
and can start up the conversation
like you never were apart.

Recently I got to join back
up with an old friend. We
go back almost 37 years.

I had not seen her for about
5 years or so. In fact, I have
to admit to you, that at
first site I didn't recognize
her.

But at dinner on my birthday,
I got to see my friend. When
I say old friend, I mean the
friendship is old. As my friend
is 10 years younger than I. And
she has good genes as she looks
even younger.

But we started right off. How are
the kids, what are they are doing
now. We could have talked for
hours. But she was with her
children. And I was with the
King.

Which normally it wouldn't matter,
but she lives in France now. So
her time is limited with her
children, and I didn't want to take
any of that away.

The great news is she has email,
and msm messenger. So she gave
me hers, and we have been burning
up the air with photos' and great
conversations. Thank goodness,
for modern communications.

My friend and I met because of
our previous husbands were
great friends. We met when we
were about 4 months or so pregnant.

That friendship lasted thru the years,
even tho they went to Idaho, and we
went to R.I. They are the reason
why we left R.I. to go to Idaho.

We have been thru great happiness,
great joy, as well as sadness. And
never has the friendship wane.

It is great to have such a friend.

4 comments:

stebbijo said...

Awesome! I love it - I love it - I love it! Don't you just love getting a new coat?

Without email -- I would cease to exitst!

Mari Meehan said...

I love it too! Did Stebbijo help with this or did you do it all on your own??

Word Tosser said...

LOOK IN THE BOTTOM CORNER.... AND YOU WILL SEE... IT IS TONI... God bless her. She had to put up with me... wondering do I like this color... could you lighten it... and she put the cartoon I love in it. No this is definitely Toni.
And I bow to her....
you should have scrolled down to Sat. you would see where I said she did it.

JBelle said...

This is an amazing part of life, isn't it? Your friends? I loved your story of your friend for a lifetime--makes me appreciate my dear friends even more....