Thursday, April 13, 2006

Is this 2 out of 3?

Tuesday, in my zealous to
get my side yard cleaned up,
I went out to the shed and got
the metal rake, during one
of the sun breaks.

I stepped out of the shed,
backing out with the long rake.
As I turned on the cement
pad there, I only caught the
edge of the cement and down
I went twisting my ankle.

I don't remember it, but I guess
I stuck my hand out to catch
myself as I landed on the rocks.
So here I am with a twisted ankle,
my hand hurts, and my knee hurts.

And I felt like the lady in the
commercial. "Help, I have fallen
and I can't get up." I tried to
stand, and my ankle wouldn't hold
me enough to push up. My knees
hurt so bad I couldn't get on my
knees. I tried to push myself up
with my hand, but my lower
palm hurts and is all red from
where I landed on it. With rock
indentions.

Finally I just bite the bullet, got
up on my knees, then
staggered to my feet, got over
where the grass was and stood there.

My thoughts were, how many
neighbors saw me from their
windows and were laughing
their heads off. I must have been
quite a sight. While I was down,
I was wondering the same.
Part of me wanting someone
to come help me get up, and
part of me glad, no one (that
I knew of) saw me floundering
around like a whale.

Damage: bruised lower palm
of my right hand, scrapped up
left knee, and an right ankle that
hurts and my instep too.

This is a fine mess I got myself in,
Ollie. (from Laurel and Hardy)
So today, maybe I should just
sit and drink tea and read my
magazines. lol...

Window mistake..1
falling down.........2
I am not looking
for ..................... 3

2 comments:

Word Tosser said...

I am back on the mends, barely limping... but computer/chocolates/ having the King wait on me... now that sounds promising.... lol

PinkAcorn said...

Wow, does that sound all too familiar!