Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Easy Come, Heartache Go

This past weekend I decided
to loosen up some of my space
in my computer. One way that
was suggested, was to download
my pictures to a disk. Which
sounded good, as I would lose
them if the computer went
kaput.
So I download all but my kids.
I was going to put them on a
separate disk. That is the good
news...
The Bad news is that half of
the kids was included in the
download. Reason for the
words bad news... is because
I downloaded to the cd. It said
it was downloaded.
So I went back and deleted and
deleted all but the kids..(with
the except of the three).
On Monday, I was looking for
a picture which was put on the cd
and .........here is the heart ache
and real bad news.
I put in the cd in the D section, meaning
play cd. And to my horror it came up with
a warning....
"Windows cannot read from this disk.
The disk maybe be corrupted or it
could be using a format that is not
compatible with Windows."
It isn't corrupted as it is new.
How can it be formatted to something
else besides Windows, after all that
is what I have? I even went and restored
the computer for two weeks ago... Nope.
They are gone... gone.....gone......
Oh, the disk says it is full...no room.
Now isn't that nice. Guess it is time
to hit up the kids and see if they know
what to do. How to get the cd to
format to Windows.
In the meantime... this is me
:-( Pouty



Happy Birthday, God's Helper

1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Before I delete something I have backed up, I always check and make sure it is readable first. Of course, this does you no good now, but for future reference...

Did you delete them completely, or just send them to the recyle bin? If they are still in the recycle bin you can restore them back to the folder they were in. Otherwise, they are gone (unless you want to take your computer in to someone who knows how to retrieve deleted data.)The pictures you delete, while not accessible to you, are still on your hardrive until your computer needs that space and will overwrite. A good computer person can retrieve it, have you ever watched Forensic Files? They do it all the time.