Thursday, May 04, 2006

Home Sick

As most of you know I am
from Rhode Island... Middletown,
to be exact. I moved away 48
years ago. And then went back
in 1978 and left again in 1982.
My deceased husband's Marvin
had vein problems and the rain,
would raise Cain with him. So
we moved to back out west.

Over all those years.. I really
never got homesick. Kind of
joked like some.. that R.I. was
a nice place to visit, but don't
want to live there. I like the
mountains and the lakes. And
the Pacific Coast. Reminds me
of the Atlantic Ocean. lol

But yesterday... yesterday,
my sister from S.C.sent me
a site to go to.

I read thru a lot of it. And
they have recipes. My mouth
started to drool. Now why the
heck with the 50 million
restaurants they have in
America, and every town
usually has 20 of them..At
least 20.. why... I ask you why,
isn't there a Portuguese
Restaurant? Look at these
meals..

Portuguese Kale Soup
Portuguese Sweet Bread
Stuffed Quahogs
Chourico & Peppers


That is just the start of
the meals that are made. I
know this for a fact. I had
Portuguese friends... their
mothers are fantastic cooks.
Emeril is Portuguese... Why
don't we have them out west?

Then the site went on to talk
about places... well, a tear
started. I was homesick.

For the past, my childhood,
and all the things of R.I.
Rocky Point
Which was the greatest of parks.
Salty Brine
so much better than Howdy
Doody...
Block Island
Pt. Judith
the beaches
fishing boats

I forward the site to all my
Rhode Island family and friends,
that had moved away... All of
which emailed back... "homesick"...

I emailed Ray who had the site... and told
him how much I enjoyed his site. And
asked if he knew where I could get some
good Fava beans to plant. He replied..and
such a nice person...So here it is..
the site address...
Ray is half Italian... so that is the
reason for the Italian half of this site.
And Italian.. is the other half of R.I.
Best Italian Restaurants...
Enjoy

Click HERE to go to the site.

1 comment:

JBelle said...

You gotta go to your reunion!