Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Just Send Me Flowers

I have finally reached a good
place in my life. A place where
finally, I don't feel like I should
own everything I see that I like.

I can look at something, and say
that is nice. That is pretty cool.
AND not want to buy it.

I can pick up something
at a store, appreciate it's
workmanship, it's
usefulness, or how
much someone can use it.
Then put it down and not
want to take it home.

You have no idea how many
small appliances I have bought,
that I thought I had to have.
Way too many.

Latte machine, juicer, are
two that are on the top of
my mind. I had to have them.
I was going to be healthier.
Make my own juice. And
save myself money, make
my own latte's.

What I found out was,
that I am a lousy
latte maker, and the
juices I made were
horrible. Nothing like
store bought.

Both machines given
away after maybe the
total use of 3 times each.

I need to declutter my
house and self. So the
last thing I want to do is
buy that gadget or doodad.

I don't need that pretty
butterfly wall mount,
or hanging basket for
my house plants.

What a relief that is.
Now my problem is,
how do I get thru to my
kids, I am no longer that
doodad, gadget, have-to-have
craving person?

Just send me flowers, get me
a plant, or a free meal at
a healthy restaurant.

2 comments:

PinkAcorn said...

I'm already at that stage of decluttering. I have boxes of collectables stored away from my antique fever shopping days. Wonder if my boys or grandkids will ever want or appreciate them?
What to do....

Bay Views said...

I can only assume, that since you don't want to shop for the purpose of acquiring things, that you have secretly undergone a sex change operation.