Friday, May 12, 2006

MOTHER'S DAY

Mothers come in many sizes &
shapes. Many different attitudes.
Some good and some bad.
Some you learn from, not so
much by example, but by the
rough times.

My mother didn't know how to
be a mother. She was an only
child of an only child. I don't
believe she ever saw the cousins
from her mother's side. And of
course there weren't any on her
father's side.
Her mother passed away when
she just turned 13.

Animals she understood.
Children she never did.
It made for a rough
childhood, but I learn
from it. I learn to face
problems, not run from
them. Facing the music
was a lot quicker than
waiting.

I learn that you can be
tough and yet loving.
As my father showed
the loving side.

I learned that there
wasn't anyone to stand
up for me...but me.
While my mother and
I had a love/hate relationship,
I grew stronger because of it.
And I learn never to expect
more out of her than she could
give.
She believe everything was
black or white.

Thru my second Mom, I learn there
is grey. Thru her I learn more
about love. Thru her I learn
forgiveness. Thru her
I learn unconditional love.

You see my second Mom
was also my aunt on my
dad's side.

So my maternal mother
showed me how to have
a backbone, to not let
others run over you.
My second Mom, showed
me compassion, and
how to have that and still
keep your backbone.

1st Mom's sayings...
clean the toilet from the man's
point of view.
Iron shirts sleeves first.

I saw the ironboard out
with the iron heating.
we were all going out
to dinner on one of my
visits. So I ironed her
shirt that was there. She
came out to iron it and it
was done. And it passed
inspection. When I told
her how I did it and where
I learn that... she was
amazed. I remembered.

This too shall pass:
in trouble times.
He pleases me:
(meaning an animal)
a donkey she had, that
was old and I asked why
did she keep him around.
Mom 1..passed away in 1990.

2nd Mom's sayings...
One day at a Time.
I learn this from her
way before the song
came out.

Walk in that person shoes
before you judge.

Look and see if there
is a reason, before you
jump to conclusions.
Mom 2 is going to be
88 soon and going strong.

You could say I had
the best of both Mom's

Happy Mother's Day
Moms....

No comments: