Monday, September 18, 2006

Blogging as Easy as 1-2-3

Blogging as easy as 1-2-3
This is going to be a long one

This is an excerpt from an email I sent
to Dave Olivera over a year ago.
about 2 months before I started tossing words.

I feel like I gave you an quick answer to
the reason why I don't have a blog of my own.
So thought I would explain at least a little
more than the "can't teach old dogs new tricks
and I am lazy".

One of the blogs said it would or could be
used for just general talk about a subject that
you know something about. That shoots me down
as I don't know about anything well enough to
talk intelligently about.

While I have thoughts about things from time to
time, it just isn't enough to do a daily or twice
weekly blog. And to do it right, it should be done
often. Where I would be lucky if I thought of
enough for once a month.

Working within yours ...works great for me
because, I can jump in when I feel like I have
something to add. Some times it works,
and some times it doesn't. As you can tell.

And if I have nothing to add, I can read
and keep up on what is going on. And keep
my mouth shut.

See, you and I and the rest are kind of like
a partnership.
You know sometimes you need a straight man,

so you can play off it, with thoughts. Some times
with humor, some times serious. And that is
where I come in. I am one of the ones who
bounces thoughts.

I have been told that I am a female Spock, I see
things mostly as logical.
Which sometimes that is good and some times it isn't.
Being a retired nurses aide, I am a caretaker at heart.
So I see most things in a kinder and gentler side,
than some people do.

In the past, I have emailed or wrote to my friends
and family...stories of things that happen to me,
that I find humor in.

Projects that go awry. I am craft challenged.
Not laugh out loud funny but stories that
make you smile. But they don't
come fast and furious enough to do a blog
on. I have done probably 3 or 4 in the past
year or so.

So I will continue to sit on the sidelines, and
jump in when I have a thought that feels like
it can be said. And that it works within my motto....
Do no harm.... and my philosophy (being like
the sign I told you I have had for 30 years.)
"ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUDUM."

You have a great variety group of people.
It is always interesting.
And as you head towards your anniversary,
I am glad it is growing like a down hill snowball,
gathering no moss.

A little over 2 months after this was all written,
I was reading Marianne Love's Slight Detour,
late at night. And up in the corner it was saying
how easy this was.... when a moment of insanity
hit, and I clicked on the easy as 1-2-3- sign up button.
As they say the rest is history.

So here I am about a year and half of throwing
words.

Amazingly I have kept it going each day.
Only taking a day off here and there for
holidays. No one is more amazed than I am.
But next month I am going to take a week off.

Will I suffer from withdrawals? I guess I will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made the 'easy as 1-2-3 choice.' I enjoy your comments and agree with you on most topics. I have had similar thoughts as you had a year and ahalf ago about having enough material to write often enough to even have a site. Keep up the effort, we're listing.
Thanks

Word Tosser said...

Thanks Ron, nice to know you are out there.
If you ever think about doing one.. go for it. But do it with fun in mind. Otherwise it will eat you up. It is ok, to get on the soap box from time to time. But when it ceases to be fun.. it is time to quit. So far it is still fun.