Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Speed

I was downloading my virus
protection again, as I goofed
something. I couldn't believe
how fast it downloaded.

1 and half minutes... repeat..
1 and half minute.It took me two flaming
hours last time.

I was always scared the server would
dump me, or cutting off after an hour.
Which it did some times when I was
not using it.

Of course it doesn't when I forget and leave
the dang thing on.. over night.
(this is before, during dial up days)
But less than 2 minutes!!!

Oh, yea, going to like this new fast lane.

But it kinds of reminds me of life. How
we would boil things for half hour. And
now we can't wait the two minutes you
can do in a micro wave. Why is speed,
so addicting.

And we wonder why kids are the "I
want it, and want it now" generation.

Update on my blog of
August 10, 2006
Are the Sandpoint Gods Mad.

The Sandpoint City Council
is going to give the time of day to
the thought of a tunnel at their
meeting tonight ( Wed. 9-27-06)
The city council must be having a
slow meeting, to listen to a person
who doesn't live here yet, probably
isn't a property tax payer yet.

They are going to listen to a man
who is "IN THE PROCESS" of
moving here. The heck with the
last 50 years of discussion!! The
heck with the people who have
lived there all their lives or close
to it.
What part of SANDpoint didn't they get?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh...that makes me laugh. i can relate to your analogy of speed.

God's Helper said...

Welcome to the fast track. Wait till you download a few pictures..

Love ya kid,