Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Why do we say those things?

Some times I say things and don't think
anything about it. But the words are no longer
in use anymore.
Steam shovels... they haven't had steam
ones for how many years???
Ice box... I still say put it in the ice box.
I have not had one, in a household that I
have lived in, for 55 years. Yet I still say it.
Also how come you never hear father-in-law
jokes?
They call it menopause... so why isn't it for
men as well? No one who has lived with a
50'ish man, can say he hasn't gone thru it.
Why is it, men can go with a woman who is
20 years or more younger and they think he
got quite a catch. But if a woman goes with
a man or God forbid marry a man 12 or more
years younger than her, all kinds of nasty
things are said?
Just a few things that bug me.... what bugs
you?

1 comment:

Mari Meehan said...

You wouldn't want to get me started!