Friday, September 22, 2006

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet

Well, maybe not that fast. And
then there is the machine's speed.
But still waaaaaaaaaaay faster than
what I am use to be. So this just might
be nice.

It will take a bit to get use to. For one,
the biggest so far, is to remember I
don't have to turn off the internet. I
have gone down to do that, so many
times. Old habits are hard to quit.

The next thing was getting my new
address out to all of those who I email.
I decided a couple of days ago, to change
my sites that I visit, to my hotmail address.
as it is such a pain to change. So that
should be easier. And I check my hotmail
more often now. After I got the blog, I would
check every other day. Before, I would be doing
good to remember to do it once a month.

So ....so far this fast lane is going pretty
good. And Phil was right. Going to site,
and have them come up in 3 seconds
instead of 3 minutes is sure nice.

I haven't downloaded anything yet. That
should be great. As I put on a new virus
protector 2 weeks ago. 2 HOURS of downloading.
That was the straw that broke the camels back
and sent me to the fast lane.

Now I will go see how fast this takes
to post.

2 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Uh oh! High speed has created another monster!

Tumblewords: said...

Wooohoooo! Lucky you! Still on dial-up but I take my laptop to the library and coffee shops to see life in the fast lane. It's nice!