Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Getting ready for Taxes

It is that time of the year.
Gathering all your paper
work for taxes.

I have a folder on my desk
that is just for tax information.
And as the year goes by I put
what I will need in there.

But there always seem to
be something else new that
we need prove of. And of course
with banks not giving your checks
back, you have to find someway
to get the information. Luckily,
my bank does allow photocopies
of my checks each month. So
I just find the month that has
that. And hope that the places
I send those checks to, do not
go to electronic check receiving.
As some do. And all you see is
a check # on the statement itself.
So, nothing saying where it went to.

But that kind of bothers me
because there is other info on
those bank statements. Not
that I have anything to hide.
Heck, I am too poor to have
anything to hide.

So it is making a list, checking
it twice..maybe 3 times to make
sure when we go down to our
tax gal in Feb. we have our
stuff in order.

No comments: