Monday, April 21, 2008

I can't even start to understand

As I watched the television with the
pictures of the complex in Texas,
I think of Waco. While this is not
as bad as Waco, there are no fires,
I still... wonder. And then there are
the James Jones situation. Again,
this is nowhere near that kind of
thing. But all three have children,
innocent children involved in adults
plan. Being swayed and herded by
adults, to no fault of their own.

These type of communes are so much
against anything that I understand. I won't
even try to explain my understanding,
because I don't understand.


The state of Texas has removed 400+
children from a complex. Separating
the children from their mothers. These
women give off the Stepford Wives vibes.
All uniformly in dress and hairdos.

But what about the children. And this
is where a pendulum effect comes into
play. These children have no idea of why
they are where they are. No idea of why
they can't be with their mothers. And now,
the state is going to put them in to foster
homes. Just what kind of homes are these?
Is it similar to their own religion? Their own
ideals? No television, no video games and
etc.? I surely hope so. Because who are
we, or the state to throw these children
into a culture shock? Maybe homes of
the Amish or the Mennonites? At least
the culture is similar, without being a cult.

This has been against the law from the get go..
why did they wait for 3 generations of this going on?
Why no actions or very little, before... that kept it
from happening for 3 generations?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cis, I'm taking a little break from "The Mess". Moving is the very last thing on any list I may make of Things To Do..Yuck.

I can't begin to understand that cult, much less able to decide if those women were mentally sound when they got to that "place"? I mean, like the old saw says...."What were they thinking?"

That whole set-up is not natural, normal or even SANE!!! And you're right, how did it continue for so long without anyone *speaking up*. Those children are going to need a whole lot of psychological therapy, for sure! I think I feel the most sorry for the very young girls more than the boys, don't you? So sad. ;(