Monday, April 14, 2008

The Toilet Paper Roll Effect

Many years ago, a person told me
that as you get older, that life gets
to be like a toilet paper roll....it un
wraps, getting smaller and smaller,
faster and faster.

I thought that was a rather foolish
theory, but as I get older I am inclined
to believe it to be so.

Case in point, that even with a LOOOOONG
winter, it still seem like it was only yesterday,
that it was Christmas just getting over and
heading to New Years. Valentine's day flew
by, and Easter was here so fast, I forgot to
send out cards until 2 days before. I know
it came early this year, but still.. And St.
Patrick's day, that was a flash in a pan.

Even last year, it started out with summer
and I was barely getting to the enjoyment
part, and it was over. I was going to do so
much more.

You don't think time flies by? Just think of
what is coming up next in your life. Some one
wedding, your birthday, 4th of July. Before you
know it ... it will be here and gone.

Now I don't know if it is because I am having
so much fun being retired or what. But I don't
have enough time to get things done.

It is the toilet paper roll effect.....


Life should NOT be a journey
to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and
well preserved body. But rather to
skid insideways, chocolate in hand,
a glass in the other... body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO What a Ride!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though we slow down a bit as we age, the roll speeds up. The Stickman