Thursday, April 17, 2008

What is IT?????

Can you figure out what this is? It was suppose to be a product
of the future.

No fool like an old fool, they say.
But I was in my 20's. So maybe
I was naive.

The ad read in the magazine....
"Make money from your own home"
"Be a Customer Product Tester".
"Send in $10 to join our members, now."

And with 3 kids, I figured this was some way
I could have some extra money. And I could
test new products. How cool will that be... to see new
products before they hit the market.

Wrong...

A fool and their money are soon parted.
As this is what arrived 2 weeks later.

What you don't recognize it? This was suppose to
be a product of the future. And that was 40 years
ago. You mean you don't have this in your home?

I looked at the package it came in.. and read the instructions.
I was not happy about this product. And my first thought, was
this a joke? That should have been my first clue. But, I did as
they instructed.
Well, that isn't quite correct. As there were two of
these. I only used one. Filled out the paper, honestly and
sent in the form. And waited for my money for doing the trial test.

And I waited.... ..... and waited.... and waited...
Nothing. Not even another product to test.
Wrote to the company, and if you haven't guess it yet... Nothing.

The magazine must have gotten some complaints, as they ran a
short item where the ads were... and told the people who had
used the company to contact this office.

I wrote and a letter came back from a Consumer office of some
kind, telling how the company was not in business and had
disappeared.

Well, if you are still with me, and are wondering what this product was...
It was a Personal Rectum Cleanser.
A classy name for an ass hole cleaner.

And you are wondering why I have kept it for 40 years?
Well, it sits in an envelope that I have marked.......
"Stupidity at it's finest".... so I never forget how dumb
a 20 year old can be. And you wonder why I am such
a cynic.
But I also learned, you shouldn't laugh at others, if you
can't laugh at yourself.

5 comments:

Betty said...

I suspect I'll wake up laughing every couple of hours all night. This was hilarious.

Mari Meehan said...

Laugh and the world laughs with you!

Anonymous said...

Cis
I can't beleive you fell for the old "Personal Rectum Cleanser" scam.
love ya
maureen

Anonymous said...

What kind of a d*****bag would fall for that one?

Word Tosser said...

In my own defense.... I was 20 something.. and still believing in the human race.... lol..
And I didn't know what the product was going to be..until it was delivered to my door.