Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bits and Pieces

I was reading the paper the other day...
do you know, that they are using Pork hearts and
Mice hearts for testing a theory? They are taking
hearts out of these animals and washing them out really well.
They washed these mice hearts in and out, put the blood and
cells from a dying mouse and he recovers.

Now they are trying it out with a pigs heart. After all none of
us have hearts the size of mice. But we do have the size of
a pig. If this does work, then in 5 years they could replace a
human's. The body would not reject it because it would be the
body's own blood and cells that was injected to the
cleaned out pig heart. Amazing...

So I guess if some one calls you a pig, you can say, yep, and
proud of it... I am alive.

You ever be walking down a street or thru a mall and a
smell hits you and sends you back years to your childhood?
Home cooking of old, not pizza and etc.. remind me of a woman
named Mable, who my mother would leave me at her house,
while she shopped. Mable's house always smelled of great
food.
Applesauce, sends visions of my great Aunt Emma.
Aunt Emma was a sweetheart. Some times she would come
over to help Mom do her canning. Aunt Emma would wake me
up, and braid my hair. She is also the one I got the remedy of
getting rid of hiccups with water and sugar. Which I still do, to
this day. That was over 60 years ago.

Aunt Emma, was tiny, and sweetly innocent. But she was slightly
addled. When she was in her 20's she was wine and dine by a
Prince of a country I don't recall. That was the way of life in Newport,
Rhode Island and even New York. Princes of unknown countries
would come to America with thoughts of money. So they would
court young women of families who had money. Aunt Emma's
family was not rich, but well off. So he courted her, married her,
and then he found out her family didn't have the money he thought.
So he slipped away one early morning. Told, Emma he would return
soon. He never did. Emma was so heartbroken she would sit on
the curb waiting for him. None of the family could persuade her to
come in the house. I don't know how long it went on. The family was
embarrassed. I think the men of the family picked her up and carried
her inside after a couple days. And then she stayed home all the time.
Seeing no one. Crying her heart out. She never did remarry. I don't even
know if she got a divorce, as they couldn't find the Prince.

She was a delight to us as a family. But she never was right after that.
I loved Aunt Emma, she gave great hugs, braided my hair, and apple
sauce was her favorite thing to make. So the smell of applesauce reminds
me of her.

I read in the paper a month ago... in the Kootenai County permits
column... a permit of puzzlement... the permit was for ...
residential site disturbance. and it was valued at $50,000. Hummm...
what is a residential site disturbance? I presume it is digging of
the dirty and etc. at a site that some building or something is
going in. But, what an odd, wording. And it cost of $50,000.
Hummm.... I wonder if someone would pay me $50,000 to
disturb their resident site? I can disturb the land pretty good.

No comments: