Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mothers....

Mothers...

I was fortunate to have two MOM's.
One was my natural mother and
the other was my aunt, on my father's
side.

Mom 1

taught me several things for over the years.

1.When ironing the shirts, iron the sleeves last.
2.When cleaning the toilet, clean it from the men's
point of view.
3.Do the job right the first time and you don't have to
do it over again.
4.(When signing my drivers license permit, I was 17)..
.Don't make me regret this.
5.Hang on to those reins, never let them go, because
if your horse gets killed, you will regret it.
6.(after being thrown off one of the horses) Get back
on that horse, ride him right.
7.(when I called to inform her I was getting a divorce)
Well, you made your bed, now lie in it.
From this I learn to fend for myself, and to be strong thru
life's adventures.



Mom 2

1.One day at a time
2.love isn't just for the good times
3.You can love someone and not like them, at the same time.
4.try to look at how the other person feels
5.Don't be so quick to judge others
6.Hugs make people feel better and you too

From both Mom's..
This too shall pass
From this I learn to have a soft side to me, and try
to understand the other side of people.


I have had the best of two lives... thru both of them...
Mom of Reality and Mom of Compassion,
made me what I am today. Hopefully others will think
a nice combo of both. And yes, I did tell them when they
were alive.

Motherhood does not have do over's. You try your best
to do your best. And remember you only have two people
to convince that you did it right. The Lord above and the
hardest, the one that looks back at you in the mirror.

Happy Mother's day to....
Mom's
Step Mom's
Aunts and friends who become a second Mom
Grandmother's who become mom's again to fill in.

No comments: