Thursday, January 28, 2010

The LUCKIEST MOM!!!!!...

My kids have had a secret for a year.
Part of it was told to me in December,
because my daughter wanted to make
sure I did not make any plans for a certain
week. So she had to tell me a tiny bit of it.

She told me that in February, that some of
my kids were going to treat me to a vacation
for my 70th birthday. They wanted to do some
thing special. But the timing for their surprise
had to be done in February instead of April, when
my birthday is. That is all I was entitled to know.
And actually I was fine with that.

But some people were given some of the information,
and told my husband, who knew he was going too.
And he told me. Which at first I discounted that, because
one of my son’s was not able to go (I was told that much.)
And being his wife has relatives to where it was said,
I knew we weren’t going there.

After Christmas holidays, the trip was mention again, by
my husband, and I told him, maybe Vegas or Disneyland.
Well, his friend once again, says where it is we are going.
My daughter thinking I knew where I was going because
of the slippery mouth friend… admitted it was true. Which
I said, I hope we can go see this one Memorial that is there.
And she said that is the place we are going. That island.
But she wasn’t going to talk to me anymore about it. And
that is fine by me. I want to be surprised by who gets
to come.

She did this for me, for my 60th and I had guess that something
was up and I had guessed who was coming… except….I had
not guess all of the boys… my son who lives in Wisconsin came
too, and I was totally blown away.

So this should be a wonderful time, and my daughter did reassure
me that it was not costing an arm and leg for the kids who are
participating in it.

So where am I going? CIS, AND YOUR WONDERFUL
HUSBAND ARE GOING TO …..not Disneyland, but
HAWAII…. And yes, I do get to see the WW II Memorial.!!
I am one lucky MOM…. I am, to me, the luckiest Mom of
All..

Now, nobody say anything else… I want the rest to be a
Surprise… HAWAII… here we come in mid February!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a great time of year to go. Praying all goes well.It is a dream of ,mine to visit each state in the USA now only if I can get my hubby who traveled cross country as a child to decide to go on vacation once in a while. Why he doesn't like to go the only reason I can see is that in 1989 we was laid off after we came home from vacation and he is scared of such happening again. Or is it he needs afire light under his butt. Last year his excuse he took time off but didn't go anywhere other then day trips. Why oh he was scared Kevin would call and we wouldn't be home and guess what Kevin didn't call because he thought we were away on vacation. Now his excuse the cats what next. CAC