Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Men need.....

Men need hunting season… I know this does not mean all men.. as there are a lot of them who don’t hunt… Some view hunting as just a reason to get rid of the wife and kids and have a drunken party…

But a true hunter takes hunting very serious.. and if they are lucky to have several friends who hunt, then it is a great time together… to bond, to be just themselves.. very much like women do when they have a girls night out. Or a women’s retreat.. Sometimes, no matter how much you love your spouse, it feels good to take a few days or a week to unwind. Both come back stronger than before…

Now ladies, don’t get upset, I know there are those of you out there who also hunt.
And do it very well… but unless you are hunting with your husband or boyfriend, it is a day time hobby for you. Where the men have a community up there in the hills. Huge tents, campers, canopies, little tents, with coolers, campfires and tarps, and all the stuff that guys can think of to go camping..

All this starts at least a month before they actually pull out of the driveway. There is a driving force, and one mind set, almost a tunnel vision you might say…
This is the same guy who won’t touch a suitcase, or help you pack the car for a trip. But saying hunting season, and they get this glaze over there faces and the race is on… packing the camper, clothes, guns, food, and all the stuff that goes with it..

Now I think this is great.. because that is the time I get to do a project. A project that I can do in my own speed, which is usually faster, than if I have help. Also I don’t have to have dinner fixed by a certain time, I can start any time I want to,
I can have a cup of coffee, read the paper, and then start out there without anyone getting impatience with me. This weekend’s project was laying down weed block and about 10 bags of pea gravel between the raised garden.. I was tired of weed whacking it… and the King has talked two years about we should do that… Well, two runs to Home Depot. With my little car loaded down with bags of pea gravel.. in my back seats.. laying low to the ground, we made it home.

Kind of sad, in some ways.. see we have two.. yes, two pickups.. and the King has both of them. One with the camper, and one with the 4 wheeler loaded up in the back.. and they all have to go to camp.. That just isn’t fair… but ever underestimate the power of a woman and her little car.

Now… I wonder what I can think of for next weekend…

No comments: