Monday, July 29, 2013

I love................

These are words that are used so loosely..
I love a certain ice cream…
I love  my truck…
I love my house…
I love my job….

All used daily…. Yet there are times we use it seriously.
I love my husband.. I love my children.. I love my mom or dad…
Love of God….

So sometimes, one has to wonder, when the two are mixed..
You tell your husband that you love him.. and give him a kiss yet.. in the next sentence… you will say.. I just love that.. an object of little interest to others, but is to you....

After thinking about this… I was thinking… what word could we use for the objects, small things in our lives… Saying I like that so much, is just too long.  I like that very much.. still too long..

What word can we use to show we really, really like something but not actually love it..  come on now.. you really don’t love strawberry ice cream… your truck,  your job, your house… none of these you would put before yourself… Where as, you love, your spouse, children and even parents.. and some siblings.. enough you
would put your life on the line for them..

So fill in the blank….

I …………………… my truck/job/house and etc.


No comments: