Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I made it....


My daughter and I walked the Jacey Race 3K on Sunday.
I had never done any of the walks.. My daughter is a pro..
She has done Bloomsday 3 times.. she did Dirty Dash on
Saturday.  But this was my first…

Now for those of you who don’t know what a 3 K is.. well,
(head not held quite so high)… it is just under a mile.. the kiddies and old folks race.. (Race is used loosely here, as we walked)
But I have to say… while I didn't finish in the first 10… I was
far from last.. and did it in 10 minutes, and some odd seconds.
I was actually surprised that I could not only walk at my usual fast pace, but could keep it up for most of the walk… so that was good as my daughter didn't have to slow down for me..

I wanted to do the 5K… but my practice run (walk) last week, showed me that wasn’t going to happen.. my hip gave me lots of problems.. got a mile and knew I better head back to the house.. and ended up limping the last block….. 5 K is about 4 miles.  I am so out of shape. I can’t believe how
bad I am… I use to walk all over the place.. When I was a kid, I use to walk to school because it was quicker than taking the bus that went all over the country side.. literally. I had a 5-6 mile an hour walk speed. Even later in life, I still had a fast pace… and even at 73, I leave my husband
behind when we walk anywhere. Don’t mean to.. just I am use to walking fast.  So was really discouraged when I only got a mile done last week.  
But NEXT YEAR….  That is on my bucket list…

Oh, and last week, I rode my bike to center of Ponderay.. Not much,but a starter.. that too is on my bucket list.. to bike the bypass bike trail. To Sandpoint and back. 

No comments: