Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Drink allowance for men and women....

I have a burr under by saddle.. a spur in my side...
I was watching the news and they had a report about
how much Americans are drinking.. That they consider
we all drink too much.

The CDC recommends no more  than two drinks a day
for men and no more than one drink a day for women.  
Even those who drink less than 8 drinks a week,
might be in the health danger zone if
they consume too much alcohol in a day: five or more
drinks for men, four or more for women.

Now granted, there is a lot of alcoholism out there.
Drunk drivers, crime and domestic violence to name a few. 
But they weren't after the real drinkers.. They were
worried by you and I who have a few drinks.

Now for me a wine bottle would last me about 6 months.
Unless the King is using it for his fish smoking brine.
And mixed drinks.. well, I like a margaritas with Mexican
food.  And I am here to tell you.. the liquor stores would
go broke if they depended on me.. And I don't do bars.

But even so.. for them to say.. a man's limit should be 2
drinks a day and women's 1... well, I AM INSULTED.
First of all, why do they allow the man to be more?
Surely doesn't mean they can handle it better. We
have seen it on both sides.. To me it is a matter of
weight, on who can handle it better.. even that isn't
a guarantee.

I surely hope the government is not going to start regulating
that as well...  Because if I have a glass of wine with my
Italian dinner.... and then decide to have one after.. and someone wants to turn me in for that.. there will be hell to pay.

If my husband is outside in the summer, mowing lawns for
us and our neighbor.. and works on his truck.. and drinks
3 beers during the day..
no one better say anything.. because there will
be hell to pay... 

Why can't people just mind their own business...
.

No comments: