Monday, January 06, 2014

Memories...the good and the poor...

Over the weekend, my daughter had been going thru a lot of her old pictures.. many I gave her.. and many she took as well...
She had been posting them on Facebook... A lot of them of
her dad and his family.. He passed away when she was 16
in 1986.

So posting these pictures has not only given her pleasure but also has given her aunts and cousins (that she hasn't seen in over 20 years).. pictures of their love ones.. The grandparents .. of my daughter.. (so mom and dad, for her aunts)  Great pictures of  my daughter's Uncle Jim, who passed away.. way too long ago..So this has been a great day for them to see some pictures they never saw before...

Also among them, are pictures of my mother, my grandmother (so her great grandmother) which is where I got not only my nickname, but also my legal name.  Some pictures of my children and grandchildren when they were kids themselves.  as 90% of them are adults with children of their own.  All of this is wonderful..  and kind of sad. Sad as it is when you are in your 70's and see yourself at 17.. and even 30's... and wonder where that gal went to.. because it sure isn't the one that shows up in the mirror each morning.

Then there was the discussion.. over a prom picture.. and to my amazement.. I have had this memory in my mind for over 50 years, of a very good friend.. my longest time friend... double dating to the prom. BUT I was WRONG... it was her sister who I went with..  Where did  the memory get twisted?  Her sister and I went to school a long time as well. but I was never as close to her as I was and am.. to my long time gal pal, Alice..   Kind of shakes up your memory bank..
wondering how many other things are twisted over the years.
The good news is.. ALICE still is my friend.. who I feel honored that she has stuck it out with me over all these years.  Even after we strayed for a few years... (I was always moving every 4 years) we still picked up right where we left off.    Thanks, Alice for straighten my memory out.. I can always count on you.. lol 

 prom... not bad for a dress made of of 2 grain sacks.. white and red checkered.

 My name sake.. or maybe I should say I am HER name sake..
 in my 30's.... in Ellensburg..
 dunking for charity at the fair grounds in 1987 Bonner County fair..
the horse woman in my life...she taught me well. 

No comments: