Monday, April 28, 2014

Almost called in sick...

I almost called in sick for this post..
This weekend was the weekend from hell
for the King and I.

I was working in the yard on Friday. Everything
was fine... Ate dinner.. watch tv and went to bed.

At 2:44am.. all hell broke loose.. and I had a love
affair with the bathroom.  Not knowing what end
to put over the bowl, settling for the sitting and bag
in hand..  Every hour on the hour it seem like.
King was a saint.  Asking if he could help.. got
me 7-up... covering me over as I shivered.
By 9am it was letting up. and by 4 pm I figured
I was going to live after all.. 

The King was working out in the yard and in the
garage.. and came in about 3pm.. said he didn't
feel so good..  Then it was time to switch.  He was
the sick one in love with the bathroom, and me
handing washcloths, 7-up.. And getting the extra
covers.   

So by Sunday, we both were starting to be among the
living, but treading gently. I had not drank coffee for 2
days..(unheard of) I mean I didn't even want a cup. Drank
tea, and ate crackers all day.  The King ventured to whole
foods for dinner.. but still not feel completely right yet.

We hate being sick.. neither one of us does it well. But
at least it wasn't at the same time. Thank God and Greyhound
for that.




No comments: