Wednesday, April 30, 2014

TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT....

My mother use to say to us kids, that two wrongs
never made a right, when we tried to explain why
we did something against the other.. when one of
us acted badly.

The headlines and every media has been screaming
about a basketball owner name Sterling.. And let me
be clear... I find what the man did was despicable.
And it is behavior that should not have come as a surprise
to those who knew him. 

But I have a hard time understanding what I think is
over reaction of 90% of the people. And even of the
MBA.  Yes, they can ban him from basketball. Yes,
I guess they can legally make him sell his share of the
Clippers.  But to fine him?  I don't know about that as
I am not a sport person.  Some say there should be
legal action against him.  That is the part I don't
understand.  As despicable as his remarks were...
I have heard worse. A lot worse. He did not use the
N. word. He said blacks. And we do have the freedom
of speech thing going too. 

On the other hand, we have a former basketball player
who suggest that they have a solely black team, own
by a solely black owners.. and a solely black league. 

I wonder will there be the same reaction about his suggestions?
After all, isn't that a prejudice thing to say.. Isn't that a racist
thing to say?  Will he be ban from anything to do with
basketball? Will he be ban from getting into the Hall of Fame?
Will they take some kind of action against him.

As my mother said.. two wrongs don't make a right. But I
find both are on the same line.. just one has more or rather
I should say, had..more power than the other.

I don't see a lot of difference in the two. 

No comments: