Thursday, April 03, 2014

Oh, my aching back...

I took on the first project of the summer.
The King said, let's increase the little flower
garden we have next to the regular garden beds.

Let's bring it out to where the tree is.  And then
we will have a place for the butterfly bush he
wants to get.

Out came the tiles I had around the little garden.
Got the sticks and string out, so I could make sure
it was even.. When the King got home, I had him
till it all up even the older little section.

On Wednesday, I swung by Home Depot and
got some mulch bark. 10 bags... loaded them up
on the wagon by myself... In fact I looked at two
different kinds. One I could barely move and the
other I could lift. Both 2c yards.. I bought the one
I could lift.  Brought them home.. wheel barrowed
them over to the area.  Then proceeded to rake
the area as level as I could.

By that time, the King had came home from work,
we spread the weed barrier sheets with overlap.
I had him spread the 10 bags of mulch bark.
Not quite enough. Back the store and got 8 more.
Looked pretty good.  Too soon for flowers. But
it will look nice for the while.. we wait. at least a
month..

Came in and fixed dinner... sat..and then I got
up.. kind of... my back, my hip, my leg... I feel
90... glad I am going to be 74 on Saturday..
because 90 was not good...

Now I got to figure out what is my next project.
It will have to wait for next week when we get
the temps of 60+. Only rain forecasted for the

weekend.

No comments: