Wednesday, April 09, 2014

OPINIONS...everyone has them..

I am not anti-opinion.
I go to other's blogs to read what they have
to say. I go there to see what their take is
on any given subject..

Some are on the times and some are on politics.
Some are on the daily living.. some are on a
particular subject. Like one of the ones on my
list is about R.I.  Mainly for those of us who
grew up in R.I. and now live across the USA.
Even mine is ... just that.. mine opinion. 

But when it comes to news.. Meaning newscast
of the local and national ones... I don't want
opinions.  To quote Sgt. Friday, I want the facts,
nothing but the facts.

My daily routine during the week is to watch
the local news.. usually the last half hour as I
haven't been getting up as early as I use to.
And then I would watch GOOD MORNING AMERICA.
For the news. Which is far and less...

When Lara Spenser came on the show.. I thought
well, maybe they will keep her to one little section.
I really like Sam Champion as I thought he did a
great job of the weather.. especially when he did
it on scene with the hurricanes and winter storms.
I also like Josh Elliot. He would have a straight
forward reading of the news... Yes, he did the cute
play of the day.. but for the most part it was the news.
Even Robin and George did, but Robin also filled in
for what ever entertainer they had too.George, well,
it feels like they took the stuffing out of him. 

But news was starting to get a back seat. And then Sam
was gone. Went to Weather Channel.. which Direct tv
so nicely dumped for a poor man's weather channel
called Weather Nation.. sad replacement.  
And now Josh is gone too.  And his replacement, who
is probably a very nice gal.. but lacks authority or
command of reading the news. 

So now I have to find another daily routine.
Which may not be so hard, as the weather gets
better.  I can watch the local, read the paper and be
outside by 7am.  But I will miss real news. Seems like
over the past several years we get what that channel
or network wants us to know.. in their view. Not just
the facts.  Even CNN which seem to me to start out as
a strictly news.. now is one opinion reporter after another.


Maybe I am just getting old and grouchy...  

No comments: