Monday, August 29, 2005

How Tall are you, Momma

Went Thursday for my 65 year
old check up. The Medicare kind
of pays for a so called free check
up, if you do it within 6 month of your
65th birthday. So I was poked, and
prodded and weight and measured for
height. And that is the kicker...

I have SHRANK a half inch. Now don't
laugh. This isn't funny. Sure it is funny
to you gals who are 5 feet and 7 or 8 inches
tall. But I don't have any to spare
I walked out of high school at
5 foot 3 inches. I stayed there for a few
years. But some where along the way
something happen and I was 5 foot 2 inches.
Now my eyes aren't blue, but I was
satisfied with 5'2". Had a nice sound to it.

I feel like a flaming building. Am
I settling? Like an old building. Now
granted, I am kind of build like a block.
And a lot of it is settling in the lower
half. But I was proud to be 5'2". I stood
up when I walk, not slouched. I can't
be 5'1" and half. All my kids will be
taller than me. At least I was taller
than most of my daughters,
(no wonder I had to look up higher
at my sons when they visited two
weekends ago).

Coming from mostly short people,
I expect this. Kind of...But dang, I thought
I was done shrinking.
Have to rethink this.

1 comment:

stebbijo said...

Hey there good buddy!

Shrinking at our age is NORMAL!

You stand tall and tell 'them' to swallow and pay for the fosamax! Oh yeah!

A half a inch? You have to be kidding! Get on the scales next time with your platforms. I guarantee you -- they won't notice!